Sunday, January 18, 2004

About this site

This blog will be devoted to libertarianism from a pragmatic, consequentialist, gradualist, minarchist approach. You won't find any appeals to first principles or any mention of coercion or initiation of force anywhere here. The main focus of this site is to explore libertarian solutions regarding real world problems, as opposed to making abstract philosophical appeals to rights. This blog will be a resource for those who want to use facts to persuade non-libertarians. A secondary purpose of this blog is to express my personal opinions of various issues of the day. I think of myself as a medium-core libertarian (I score about 80-85 points on Bryan Caplan's Libertarian Purity Test). If you want to contact me, I have my e-mail address posted on the right side of the blog. Please spare me any personal attacks, but if you disagree with me and want to debate something then go ahead and e-mail me.

Update: Here's a pic of me: